Do you think hospitals are the safest place to be?

9

Veronica Dultry Profile
Veronica Dultry answered

No, there is staph and super bugs in hospitals. Besides I've seen quite a few horror movies set in hospitals. A police station would be safer, unless you're watching the Terminator.

I am a germ-a-phobe so I have to force myself to believe germs are not crawling all over me. The last three times I have been to the ER with my loved ones I have done a lot better.... Watching the staff outside the door makes me calmer that if it was as horrible as I see in my head then they would be wearing their personal protective equipment (ppe). Of course reality is what Dragonfly says but I take it to the extreme in my head so I HAVE to think a little differently.

If you are having a massive coronary while there, yes. For most anything else, no. Oh and if you are really pregnant and there is an approaching storm like a blizzard or a hurricane. An extreme low pressure weather system can induce labor.  I am living proof. My parents followed the snow plow to the hospital.

Skip  Gentry Profile
Skip Gentry answered

Not really. There are all kinds of germs in a hospital.

Darik Majoren Profile
Darik Majoren answered

Actually, if you are there for surgery it can be VERY unsafe. The amount of Staph infection occurrences are crazy high in a hospital. 

Tris Fray Potter Profile

No.  An isolated prison cell is probably the safest place to be.  There are so many germs, a mass shooting might occur while you're there- any number of things could happen. At least at an isolated prison cell, the threat of crazy human beings isn't as high.

Anonymous