The various forms of medicals practices that a physician can opt for are:
- Academician: He/she can become an academician and start teaching medical students.
- Single specialty doctor: the doctor may decide to specialize in a certain field and then carry on practice in that field.
- Multi-specialty:This happens when within the same company, several medical specialties are employed who are in charge of different fields.
- Solo:The medical practice may decide to set up his/he own clinic which is a common practice in dentists.
- Industry:the physician may decide to work for the research based activities taking place in the industry and work for pharmacological companies, research labs, and equipment manufacturers.