How Do I Get My W2 From Unemployment For 2010?


2 Answers

Danielle Joynson Profile
This can vary from state to state, so you will need to find out the process for your local area. In the U.S., the form for unemployment is the 1099 and not the W2, which is for people who work, so you should be looking for that instead. In general, your 1099 form can be found online, so visit to view and print a universal 1099 form.
The 1099 form is designed for income other than wages, salaries or tips, such as benefits, income from interest and government payments. In 2008, the variants of the 1099 were changed to their current form, which consists of 23 variants, each for a slightly different form of income. It is the legal responsibility of the payee to announce the correct amount of total income on every form they send to the IRS.
The information to be entered onto the form is on a calendar-year basis i.e. Any income received from January 1 to December 31 of any one year. This is regardless of any rules of the fiscal year the payer or Federal tax may have. The IRS must file the returns by the end of February, although payees must have been sent a copy of their return by the end of January.
If it is the W2 form (for employment) you are after instead, then it is usually up to your employer to fill in your form, and they must do so for each employee they have on their books. It is also up to your employer to mail you the form before January 31, with the form again covering the calendar year. This form is for all taxable income from employment.
Whichever form it is you need, further information can be found on the IRS website.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
They are saying it will be mailed out by January 31st. Also it should be on the site in your inbox.

Answer Question