Neatly, with correct grammar and proper spelling.
first impression always matters so it is necessary that the resume should be well
formatted and beautifully designed. Mention your full contact information,
qualification, skills, experience and the project you have done, your
achievements, current company name etc. You can also take the help of resume writing services offered by Monster India job portal. Job seekers now can
avail the benefits of these services, where seekers are provided with the
professionally written resume through which candidates can get an early
shortlisting as compared to others.
How to write a simple Resume?
Here are some points to remember while creating a resume:
- Design Matters: Don’t run over the edge with intricately decorated templates. Look for sufficient blank space and a font size no smaller than 11 points
- Be Reachable: Make it simple for recruiters to connect with you by providing your contact information near the header.
- Include Objective: A resume objective is typically one or two sentences long. The most effective objective is one that is fitted to the job you are applying for. It states what sort of career you are looking, and what skills and experiences you have that make you perfect for that career.
- Showing off Your Skills: Don’t make recruiters hunt for the most basic information on your resume — include a table of your key soft and hard skill and abilities sets up top. Ensure your highlighted skills show why you’re a good match for the job.
- Academic details: Mention your academic details that include briefly about your education degrees or certifications and also include activities like clubs, athletics, theater, and internship projects.
- List Your Experience: This segment should include each company you’ve worked for, your title, the dates you worked there, and several bullet points that depict your key achievements and responsibilities.
- Include Other Positions: Don’t be afraid to incorporate positions that aren’t specifically related to the one you’re applying for, especially if you have limited work experience. You can still use it to show the skills and qualities you want to be highlighted.
- The Extra Stuff: Add some shading to your resume by adding ‘Additional Experience’ area toward the end. Include organizations/ clubs, volunteer experience, awards you’ve won, and even interesting hobbies or activities.
- Declaration: At the end include the declaration that the above mention information is true to best of my knowledge and belief. I take the responsibility of any mistakes in data if occur in future.
- Keep It Concise: Limit your resume to 1-2 pages at the most.
Here are some cover letter and resume tips that help the job seeker on how to write an effective resume to find a job.