- Greeting customers and visitors in a warm and helpful manner
- Helping with any customer queries or issues
- Serving customers and completing transactions both face to face and over the phone
- Admin work such as filling reports, sending emails and opening post
- Reporting to management regarding business issues
- Communicating with both internal and external departments
- Assigning roles and tasks to sales assistants
- Managing any issues sale assistant staff may have
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, it is likely that an employer offering a customer service officer position is likely to prefer a level of education and experience such as that below.
- Achieved A to C results at secondary school level
- Worked in the customer service environment previously
- Computer literate
- High communication skills and great phone manner
- Worked within a business and given responsibility in the role
- Has successfully dealt with stressful or confrontational incidents in the past
As stated earlier this is a generic version descriptor, it is likely that there will be more company specific requirements added, dependant on the company and sector of employment.