A customer service officer job description may vary slightly, depending on the type of company it is for. In general, a customer service officer will have a job description similar to that detailed below.
- Greeting customers and visitors in a warm and helpful manner
- Helping with any customer queries or issues
- Serving customers and completing transactions both face to face and over the phone
- Admin work such as filling reports, sending emails and opening post
- Reporting to management regarding business issues
- Communicating with both internal and external departments
- Assigning roles and tasks to sales assistants
- Managing any issues sale assistant staff may have
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, it is likely that an employer offering a customer service officer position is likely to prefer a level of education and experience such as that below.
- Achieved A to C results at secondary school level
- Worked in the customer service environment previously
- Computer literate
- High communication skills and great phone manner
- Worked within a business and given responsibility in the role
- Has successfully dealt with stressful or confrontational incidents in the past
As stated earlier this is a generic version descriptor, it is likely that there will be more company specific requirements added, dependant on the company and sector of employment.
Well, the role of a Customer Care Executive is to take care of the customer queries, it depends upon the industry he/she is working in, It might demand an executive to visit the customer, or if not then take their calls, or respond to their mails or letters. Everywhere and in every industry there is a department for looking after the customer queries. For example we have the BPO industry and so called "Call Centres". HEre executive take calls from the customers and resolve their queries time time. Moreover Customer Care Executive takes care of the image that an organization puts on its customer by providing value services.
The responsibilities of a customer services officer include many things for example the CSO has to handle all the incoming guests as well as telephone call. They need to be very careful about their behavior because they are interacting with clients. This interaction also at times requires giving responses at the spot and helping the customers. For all this the CSO is expected to have knowledge about the various aspects of the organization like structure and policies. The job of CSO also involves coordination and maintaining the updated records of all the calls. In addition to this, the CSO may also have to perform duties that are assigned at that time. People who are bi or multilingual can be very successful as CSOs.