I Would Like To Work For The RSPCA As An Inspector, What Qualifications Do I Need, And Where Do They Advertise Their Jobs?


1 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Your first port of call when looking for jobs at the RSPCA should be their website. They advertise all of their vacancies here, including those for inspectors.

If you are looking to apply for a job as an inspector, there are certain requirements which you must meet. Firstly, you should have either a degree, 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or experience in a relevant field. Other than this there is no requirement for a formal qualification as training will be given by the RSPCA. However you must be physically fit, including the ability to swim at least 50m, be in possession of a valid driving license, and have excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution. Finally, experience of working with animals will certainly be a plus point on your application.

It should also be remembered that RSPCA inspectors can be posted anywhere in the country. As a result, although personal preferences are adhered to whenever possible, you should be prepared to move for the job.

Answer Question