I Have An Interview For A Trainee Accountant Position Tommorrow , What Questions Am I Likely To Be Asked.
When you go into an interview, you should be ready to talk about yourself personally and professionally. They may ask you about your family life and personal life (such as how many kids do you have or how long you have lived in that particular area). They may ask you about your schooling and they may ask you to tell them some general things about yourself.
Professionally, the will ask you about your skills, abilities, and interests. Questions about your training and past experiences are almost always part of any interview.
They may ask you why you want the particular position that you are applying for and why you want to work for them.
No matter what they ask in an interview, you should always be short and honest with your answers. Good luck.
I deal mostly with clients and have come to realise that you have to be calm so that you can get to the bottom of the problem. It doesn't help if both of you shout at each other.
I would like to become an Accountant , that will mean that I will be in an Executive position. I feel very passionate, very attached to the position of an accountant. It's the career path that I have chosen to follow.
I have experience working as an Admin assistant I have the communication skills that are attached to the organisational skills, verbal and written communication and a people's person which makes me the suitable person for this job.
How the company operates , what can I do to be an asset in the company, training skills. I take what is negative and turn it to be positive meaning I take time to listen and provide relevant answers to any problem .
1. What documents do you check while making/ passing the entry of purchase?
2. Does closing stock normally appear in the trial balance?
3. Why it is necessary to consider closing stock while preparing profit & loss a/c?
4. Methods for providing the depreciation?
5. Specify the items of Bank reconciliation statement?
6. Pass the entry for the expenses made on credit on behalf of the branch?
7. What is 'cost of goods sold'?
8. Where does 'Contingent Liabilities' appear in the balance sheet?
9. What are normal deductions while making salary payment? Pass the entry?
10. What is current ratio?
11. What is quick ratio?
12. What is working capital?
13. What are deferred revenue expenses?
14. Income tax rates for business and individual?
15. Tax deduction at source rates, if any?
16. What action would you consider on finding debit balances in the creditors account?
17. Whether depreciation is a relevant cost while decision making?
18. What are prime cost?
19. How to treat transportation cost of Fixed assets?
Thanks - Suhas
Why do you want this job?
What applicable attributes / experience do you have?
Why are you the best person for the job?
Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
What are your goals for the next five years / ten years?
What are your salary requirements - both short-term and long-term?
1.Whats a trial balance & a balance sheet?
2.When can a balance sheet be prepared?
3. Brush up your cost accounting basics?
4.Try to differentiate various expenses & under what it would probably come? For ex:- power should come under trading A/c & electricity shud come under P&L A/c.
Best of luck!
1. You did not think about GRN - Goods Receipts Note?
2. What entries do you pass to bring Closing stock in the T/B?
3. Your 3rd answer is irrelevant. Without closing stock you cannot arrive correct profitability. Consider opening stock as nil.
4. That is Okay!
5. Bank reconciliation consist of 1.Closing balance of your books, 2.Cheques issued but not presented3.Cheques deposited but not cleared 4.Closing balance of bank statement.
6. Entry should be - Branch A/c dr, Creditors A/c Cr.
7. COGS = Op St + Expenses for manufactur - Cl St -- This explains the importance of closing stock as in Sr.3 above. Sales minus COGS is Gross Profit.
You have tried to answer and thus you will understand the explanations better than any one!!
3.beacuse that will be opening balance for p& loss accoount
4.reducing balance method. Straight line method accumulated depreciation method
5.pass book, cash book
6.expenses a/c dr to brach a/c cr
7.the cost of goods sold is the product we purchase the expenses occured uptil that period is cost of goods sold
- Why did you select accounting as your profession?
- What is the abbreviation for the accounting terms debit and credit?
- What is balance sheet?
- Have you ever heard about TDS, what it is?
- In the balance sheet, where do you show TDS?
- Do you have any idea about Service Tax or Excise?
- What is a CPA?
- Differentiate Accounting and Auditing?
- Define retail banking?
- Define Offset accounting?
- Define trade bills?
- Mention what are the rules for debit and credit for different accounts to increase the amount in your business accounts?
- Mention what is General ledger account?
- Mention what is assets minus liabilities?
- Mention what is account receivable?
- What is working capital?
When do you capitalize rather than expense a purchase?
Deferred taxation is a part of which equity?
Mention why some asset accounts have a credit balance?
Mention in which account does the unpresented cheque will get recorded?
What knowledge should financial accountant have?
Explain what is accrual accounting?
Explain the meaning of long-term notes payable is or long-term liabilities?
Mention what is the difference between depreciation and amortization?
Explain what is ledger?
Explain what is double-entry accounting? Explain with an example?
Mention in simple terms what is the difference between Asset, equity, and liabilities?
1. What is a difference beween finance and accounting?
2. How you will diffentiate balance sheet and profit and loss account?
3. What is non cash expense in balance sheet?
(1) What do you know about billable and non billable expenses, describe a key difference between them?
(2) What do you know about fringe benefit tax?
(3) What is debit card?
(4)What is periodic inventory system?
(5) What is credit card and for what purpose it is used?
(6) What do you know about debit card?
(7) What is current account and saving account, describe the difference between them?
(8) Define fringi benefit tax?
(9) What is parked report and how it is made?
(10) Define different types of tax?
(11) How steps you use before making a payment?
(12) What is mean by factoring?
(13) Define the meaning of reconciliation statement?
(14) Are account receivables are important for small business and if they are then what is the reason behind this?
(15) What is personal account and describe the difference nominal account and real account?
(16) What is mean by balancing and shadow balance?
(17) What is BRS?
(18) What is capital receipt?
(19) What do you know about capital budget?
(20) Describe different types of tax?
(21) What is service level agreement?
(22) What do you know about time sheets?
(23) How time sheets are maintained?